Laapataa Ladies actor Satendra Soni files FIR against Paid Paalki filmmaker Pushpendra Singh, wife Pragati Chauhan over alleged assault and non-payment; AICWA demands fair probe | Hindi Movie News

laapataa ladies actor satendra soni has filed a zero fir against paid paalki filmmaker pushpendra si


Laapataa Ladies actor Satendra Soni files FIR against Paid Paalki filmmaker Pushpendra Singh, wife Pragati Chauhan over alleged assault and non-payment; AICWA demands fair probe
Laapataa Ladies actor Satendra Soni has filed a Zero FIR against Paid Paalki filmmaker Pushpendra Singh and Pragati Chauhan over alleged assault, threats, wrongful confinement and unpaid dues, with AICWA extending support and demanding a fair investigation.

Actor Satendra Soni, who is known for his role in Aamir Khan-backed Laapataa Ladies, has filed a Zero FIR against filmmaker Pushpendra Singh and his wife, actor Pragati Chauhan, alleging non-payment of dues, assault, intimidation and wrongful confinement during the shoot of their film Paid Paalki.The allegations relate to an incident in June during the film’s shoot in Maihar, Madhya Pradesh. Soni has also alleged that he was harassed over his appearance and dwarfism and that the experience affected him mentally, physically and financially.The All Indian Cine Workers Association (AICWA) has extended its support to Soni and actor Shreedhar Dubey, who has also been named in the association’s statement regarding the alleged incident.

AICWA backs Satendra Soni and Shreedhar Dubey

On Friday, AICWA issued a statement on X, saying it had provided “full support, assistance and guidance” to Soni and Dubey in connection with allegations of “brutal assault, forced confinement, death threats, intimidation and non-payment of dues” during the shooting of Paid Paalki.According to the association, AICWA president Suresh Shyamlal Gupta took up the matter and remained in contact with both actors before approaching the authorities.The association said the FIR was registered at Oshiwara Police Station in Mumbai on August 20, 2026, against Pushpendra Singh and Pragati Chauhan.AICWA said it considers the allegations particularly serious because Soni is an established actor who has worked in projects including Laapataa Ladies and is associated with the upcoming Mirzapur.The organisation also questioned whether smaller actors, technicians and workers may be even more vulnerable to alleged intimidation and exploitation because they may be reluctant to speak out.AICWA has called for a comprehensive investigation and strict legal action against anyone found responsible.

Soni alleges non-payment and harassment on Paid Paalki set

According to the complaint cited by The Indian Express, Soni described himself as a struggling actor for whom acting is his only source of income. He also disclosed that he has dwarfism.Soni alleged that he first met Pushpendra Singh around one-and-a-half years ago when the filmmaker offered him a role in a project titled Shubh Sandesh. The film was later shelved.According to his complaint, Singh contacted him again on April 1, 2026, and told him that the project had been renamed Paid Paalki and was about to begin filming.Soni claimed he was finalised for the film for a remuneration of Rs 30,000 per day, with his total payment agreed at Rs 3 lakh. He allegedly received Rs 50,000 as an advance and was told the remaining amount would be paid in instalments during the shoot.However, he alleged that payment-related problems emerged after he arrived at the shooting location in Madhya Pradesh.Soni also claimed that the set lacked adequate facilities, alleging that there was initially no vanity van for the actors and that the one eventually arranged had to be shared by the entire cast. He further alleged that sanitation facilities were inadequate and stale food was served to the crew.

Actor alleges he was mocked over dwarfism

Soni has also alleged that he faced ridicule because of his appearance and dwarfism while shooting.According to his complaint, locals on the set would pick him up and take photographs with him without his consent.“People on the set tried to pick me up and click pictures with me. The production didn’t care for my security,” he alleged.Soni claimed he raised concerns about the behaviour but said they were ignored. He further alleged that Raja Chaudhary, an assistant director and his point of contact on the project, discussed the issue with Pragati Chauhan.According to Soni’s allegation, Chauhan abused him and refused to clear his pending payment.“She called me a dwarf, abused me and refused to make my payment,” he alleged.The actor further claimed that the situation triggered a panic attack.“I was shivering, but nobody came to help me. There were no medical facilities available. The food was stale,” he alleged, adding that he worked for nearly 16 hours with only a samosa to eat.

Soni alleges threats and assault

Soni has alleged that he eventually tried to raise his concerns directly with Pushpendra Singh.“I wanted to address this to the director who finally called me but threatened me to finish the film or leave the hotel room in 10 minutes. He threatened to beat me up,” he alleged.The actor further alleged that Pragati threatened to kill him.Soni claimed that he and Shreedhar Dubey subsequently decided to leave the project, following which the couple allegedly assaulted them.According to Soni’s complaint, Pushpendra also allegedly threatened to die by suicide and write their names in his suicide note, while Pragati allegedly threatened to implicate them in false legal cases.The actors eventually contacted the police, Soni alleged.According to his account, the couple requested that the shoot not be stopped, arguing that halting production would leave several people associated with the film without work.Soni claimed that the police subsequently asked both sides to resolve the dispute. The actors allegedly insisted that their pending payments be cleared before they resumed shooting, but the matter was not settled.The actor has also made allegations about the filmmakers taking money from multiple people in connection with film production and claimed they had been involved in similar incidents previously. These allegations have not been independently verified.

AICWA demands fair investigation

The FIR reportedly invokes provisions of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita, including Sections 115(2), 127(3), 3(5), 351(2) and 352, relating to allegations including voluntarily causing hurt, wrongful confinement, common intention, criminal intimidation and intentional insult.AICWA said it welcomed the registration of the FIR and called for the investigation to be conducted “fairly, transparently and without any pressure or influence”, while seeking appropriate protection for the complainants and witnesses.The association said its president had also facilitated a meeting between Soni, Dubey and Maharashtra State Home Minister Yogesh Ramdas Kadam on July 3.According to AICWA, the actors informed the minister about the alleged assault, forced confinement, tearing of their clothes, death threats and pending payments. They also alleged that other actors, technicians and workers associated with the production had not been paid.The association said Kadam subsequently contacted DCP Purushottam Karad and directed that the matter be investigated and appropriate action taken.With police protection, Soni and the other actors eventually returned to Mumbai, where the Zero FIR was filed.

Satendra Soni’s work

Soni has appeared in several films and shows, including Ayushmann Khurrana’s Doctor G, Varun Dhawan and Janhvi Kapoor’s Bawaal, Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s Raat Akeli Hai: The Bansal Murders and Hello Bachhon.He gained wider recognition with his role in Laapataa Ladies, produced by Aamir Khan and directed by Kiran Rao. The film, starring Sparsh Shrivastava, Nitanshi Goel, Pratibha Ranta, Chhaya Kadam and Ravi Kishan, was India’s official entry for the 95th Academy Awards.Soni is also associated with the upcoming Mirzapur project.The allegations made in the FIR and complaint are yet to be adjudicated, and the registration of an FIR does not establish guilt.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *